Born in Venice in 1946, Gino Di Pieri after his studies at the high school of art, he attended the Academy of Fine Arts in Venice where he graduated in painting under the guidance of Bruno Saetti and Carmelo Zotti.
His interest in the incision, first aroused by his high school teacher Lucio Andrich, found in the academic environment authoritative references in Arnaldo Battistoni and Mario Guadagnino.
His artistic production, particularly dedicated to the engraving techniques, began in the early sixties and in those same years he began an intense exhibition activity in Italy and abroad.
The works of Gino Di Pieri are part of private collections and both public ones; among them the Museum of Modern Art Ca’ Pesaro in Venice, the Cabinet of Antique and Modern Prints of Bagnacavallo (Ravenna), the Art Museum in the town of Oderzo (Treviso), the Civic Art Collection in the town of Osimo, the Collection of Drawings and Prints of Villa Pacchiani in Santa Croce sull’Arno (Pisa), the Civic Art Collection in the town of Campobasso, the Museum of Illustration of Ferrara, the Collection of Prints “Sartori” of Mantua.
Many critical essays and reviews have appeared in recent years by, among others, Manlio Alzetta, Michele Beraldo, Enrico Buda, Rinaldo Frank Burattin, Marcello Colusso, Mauro Cova, Raffaele De Grada, Angelo Dragone, Marco Goldin, Luigi Lambertini, Vittoria Magno, Dino Marangon, Mario Penelope, Guido Perocco, Paolo Rizzi, Giorgio Russi, Carlo Sala, Giorgio Segato, Luciano Speranzoni, Giorgio Trentin, Pier Franco Uliana and Lello Voce.
Gino Di Pieri has served as a member of the Executive Council of the Association of Venetians Engravers, to whom he joined from 1969 until its disbandment in 2012. He lives and works in Treviso where he taught for many years figure drawing at the high school of art.